300 MCM XHHW-2 Copper Building Wire
300 MCM XHHW-2 Copper Building Wire:
Allowable Ampacity for 300 MCM XHHW-2 Copper Building Wire (Direct Burial): 240
Allowable Ampacity in 300 MCM XHHW-2 Copper Building Wire in Duct: 240
Also Known As:
300 XHHW-2 Copper Building Wire, 300 XHHW Cable, 300 XHHW Direct Burial Cable, 300 XHHW Service Wire, 300 XHHW Copper Wire.
XHHW is a multi-purpose electrical wire with cross-linked high heat water-resistant insulation. The most common applications include raceways for branch circuit wiring, conduits, services, and feeders. It is also used as a building wire. XHHW is suitable for industrial applications due to its toughness and excellent resistance to chemicals. The electrical wire is suitable for temperatures up to 90°C, with a voltage rating of 600 volts.
The cable has an annealed bare copper conductor (solid or concentrically stranded). The conductor has excellent electrical conductivity and excellent resistance to moisture. The conductor also has excellent resistance to compression, pressure, and heat.
The cable is insulated with a cross-linked polyethylene jacket (XLPE) that serves as a protective armor to the conductors. It is flame-retardant and resistant to abrasion, corrosion, moisture, dryness, chemicals, and heat.
- Ul Standard 493 for Thermoplastic-Insulated Underground Feeder and Branch Circuit Cables
- For use in interior wiring in wet, dry or corrosive locations under-recognized wiring methods of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Acceptable to be installed as a Non-Metallic Sheathed Cable following NEC Article 339-3 (4)
- Acceptable for use per NEC Articles 300-4(b) and 339
- ASTM - B3 and B-8
- UL Standard 83
- Federal Specification A-A-59544
- RoHS/ REACH
- Size AWG: 300
- Weight per 1,000 ft: 1000 lbs
- Outside Diameter: 0.724 inches
- Number of Strands: 37
- Jacket: XLPE
- Insulation Thickness: 65 mils