What is Freight Forwarding?
Ever wondered how to make international shipping more effortless and efficient for your company? If so, freight forwarding might be a plausible solution for you. At NNC, freight forwarding is an option for delivery. Freight forwarders assist in coordinating international and local shipments for businesses and individuals alike. They are responsible for transportation between point A and point B and as a mediator between the client and the shipping companies. Freight forwarders work with all kinds of carriers, regardless of whether they ship by the air, sea, roads, or railways. Since freight forwarders have the knowledge and tools to ensure successful delivery, using their service saves you time and money.
What Does a Freight Forwarder Do?
- Negotiates with shippers on your behalf to choose the most efficient route at the best price.
- Helps customers to handle paperwork before the shipping.
- Assists the customer on every stage of shipping, from packing and insurance to customs and final delivery.
Do note that freight forwarders are never responsible for shipping delays, as they happen due to factors beyond their control.
Things To Do Before Shipping with a Freight Forwarder
- Ensure that the products you want to ship do not fall under the shipping restrictions (drugs, alcohol, batteries, dangerous goods, etc.)
- Choose a trustworthy, experienced freight forwarder that you like doing business with.
- Consider choosing a freight forwarder that specializes in a particular cargo type you are looking for.
- Consult your freight forwarder to see if they offer extra services you might use, such as tracking or warehouse storage.
- Ask your freight forwarder for all documents relevant to your shipping, such as invoices, bills of lading contract, export license, etc.
- If you wish to know more about freight forwarding for NNC shipments, contact us at 1-516-482-6313, or drop an email to email@example.com
If you're picking up the material from our warehouse and ordering online please let us know and we'll refund the shipping cost immediately