161-23-3122 Okoguard CIC URO-J Cable-In-Conduit - 220 mils - 1/0 AWG
Okoguard is Okonite's registered trade name for its exclusive ethylene-propylene rubber (EPR) based, thermosetting compound, whose optimum balance of electrical and physical properties is unequaled in other solid dielectrics. Okoguard insulation, with the distinctive red color and a totally integrated EPR system, provides the optimum balance of electrical and physical properties for long, problem free service.
The triple tandem extrusion of the screens with the insulation provides optimum electrical characteristics.
Okonite URO cables are factory installed within a polyethylene conduit. This URO-CIC (Cable-in-Conduit) has many of the advantages of a jacketed cable provided the ends of the conduit are sealed.
The bare copper concentric wires are uniformly spaced around the insulation screen and are sufficient in number to supply full conductivity of the power conductor. The flexible polyethylene conduit provides an economical factory assembled cable-in-conduit with mechanical protection against accidental dig-in, and easier installation.
CIC cable with a full neutral provides reliable circuit security in underground distribution systems. They provide greater mechanical protection against accidental dig-in than the direct burial UD cables normally installed.
The Okolene® duct protects the cable in adverse soil conditions (stone, coarse backfill, corrosive soil conditions, etc.).
The Okoguard CIC cable is commonly installed where the ground above the cable will be finished with asphalt paving, landscaping, structures, etc.
URO-CIC is particularly advantageous when used in landscaped residential areas since system expansions may be accomplished without disturbing the lawn and shrubbery.
Central Conductor: Aluminum per ASTM B-609 Class B stranded per B-231.
Conductor Screen: Extruded semiconducting ethylene-propylene rubber meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-94-649 and AEIC CS8.
Insulation:Extruded Okoguard meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-94-64 and AEIC CS8.
Insulation Screen: Extruded semiconducting ethylene-propylene rubber meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-94-649 and AEIC CS8.
Concentric Conductor:Bare copper wires. Conductivity equal to central conductor.
Jacket:Black Okolene with red extruded stripes and NESC lightening bolt meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-94-649 for polyethylene jackets.
Conduit: Extruded high density polyethylene with standard wall thicknesses per NEMA TC7. HDPE material in accordance with ASTM D 3350; conduit
dimensions in accordance with ASTM D 3484; conduit manufactured in accordance with ASTM F 2160. Optional Sch 40, 80, SDR 13.5 and SDR 11 conduit available on special orders.
- Triple tandem extruded, all EPR cable.
- Okoguard cables meet or exceed all recognized industry standards (UL, AEIC, ICEA, IEEE).
- Can be listed by UL as MV-90
- Can be CSA listed to C68.3
- 105°C continuous operating temperature
- 140°C emergency rating
- 250°C short circuit rating
- Excellent corona resistance.
- Screens are clean stripping.
- Exceptional resistance to “treeing”.
- Outstanding impact strength and abrasion resistance.
- Additional protection against dig-in.
- Meets or exceeds requirements of applicable industry standards.
- Very low moisture absorption.
- Excellent resistance to weather and most chemicals.
- Easy to splice and terminate.
- Design Options:
- Filled strand
- Copper central conductor
- Improved Temperature Rating.
- Okoguard insulation system has been tested and qualified for operation at 105°C continuous and 140°C emergency operating temperature.
- Minimum installation temperature of -40°C.
*Data provided on this page is subject to change based on different manufacturers' variances
** Images are for display purposes only refer to Product Technical Details for accurate information on the product.
In the case the material only comes in a predetermined color or doesn’t come with any color
Call Us: 1-516-482-6313 Text Us: 1-516-703-3460