Corning 288TUL-T4680D2N 288 Fiber OM3 50µm Industrial LSZH Tray Loose Tube Gel Free Double Jacket Cable
• Corning LSZH™ industrial fiber optic cables are designed for industrial building backbones and harsh environments atypical of traditional datacom systems. Based on proven stranded loose tube cable designs, these industrial cables are flame-retardant and have been tested to meet mechanical/environmental conditions exceeding the requirements set for traditional datacom cables. This ruggedized armored version offers additional mechanical protection and is also available in a gel-filled, cold temperature version. The 250 μm color-coded individual fibers offer quick and easy identification during installation, with 50 μm, 62.5 μm and single-mode versions available. A key benefit of the Corning industrial cables is the low-smoke/zero-halogen (LSZH) sheath.
Corning LSZH™ industrial cables provide life-safety benefits for industrial applications through the cables' construction. Many traditional data communication cables contain halogens in the jacket compound, which pose little risk in the controlled and protected environment of typical building air spaces, such as behind walls, under floors and in conduit.
However, cables deployed in industrial applications, particularly on the plant floor, are typically exposed to greater risk of fire, extreme temperatures or chemical exposure. This often makes halogen cables inappropriate for industrial environments. When cables containing halogens ignite, they emit highly reactive gases that can be harmful if inhaled. When halogens combine with water, acids are formed. These acids damage both living tissue and inorganic materials, such as metal and electronic equipment. Corning LSZH industrial cables eliminate these risks in the event of a fire in the industrial environment. In addition, the LSZH compound does not drip when superheated; the material burns to ash, eliminating the onset of secondary fires.
Features And Benefits :
• Low-smoke, zero-halogen sheath :
- Key life-safety benefit
• Meets cyclic impact and chemical resistance test :
- Superior performance
• Common installations :
- Outdoor aerial and duct; indoor general purpose horizontal according to NEC Article 770
Listings : National Electrical Code® (NEC®) OFN-LS, Sunlight Resistant (SUN RES); IEEE-383/IEEE-1202 flame test; Suitable for Direct Burial (DIR BUR); IEC 60332-3, IEC 60754-2, IEC 61034; MSHA 30 CFR Part 7-K, Section 7.408
Design and Test Criteria : ANSI/ICEA S-104-696, UL 13, UL 444, UL 1277, UL 1666, CSA C22.2, No. 230 and No. 232, CSA OFC (FT-4-S1)
Temperature Range :
• Storage : -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Installation : -30 °C to 60 °C (-22 °F to 140 °F )
• Operation : -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
Chemical Characteristics :
• RoHS : Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
|Cable Type||LOOSE TUBE|
|Fiber Type||OM3 50 MICRON MULTIMODE|
|Fire Rating||LOW SMOKE ZERO HALOGEN (LSZH)|