Corning 024T88-33131-D3 24 Fiber OM2 Plenum 50µm MIC DX Tight Buffered Armored Cable
• Corning MIC® DX armored plenum cables are standard MIC subunits placed inside a dielectric armor for ruggedness and superior crush resistance without the conductive properties of traditional armor. These cables are designed for use in intrabuilding backbone and horizontal installations. Individually jacketed TBII® buffered fibers enable easy, consistent stripping and facilitate termination.
The fibers are stranded around a dielectric central member that is protected by a flexible, all-dielectric armor offering easy, one-step installation and over four times the crush protection of unarmored cables. With a flame-retardant outer jacket, this cable is particularly useful for heavy traffic or more challenging mechanical exposure conditions and applications requiring extra rugged cables.
This cable is available in 12 different jacket colors – blue, orange, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, violet, rose and aqua. The colored jacket allows for easy visual identification of the cables. The standard jacket color will be determined by the dominant fiber type in the cable and will use the standard part numbers shown here.
Features And Benefits:
• Dielectric armor:
- Four times crush protection compared to unarmored
• TBII buffered fibers:
- Easy, consistent stripping
• Flame-retardant jacket:
- Rugged and durable
• Easy armor removal:
- Increased safety and speed at installation
• Approvals and Listings: National Electrical Code® (NEC®) OFNP, CSA FT-6, ICEA S-83-596
• Flame Resistance: NFPA 262 (for plenum, riser and general building applications)
• Storage: -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Installation: 0 °C to 60 °C (32 °F to 140 °F )
• Operation: 0 °C to 70 °C (32 °F to 158 °F )