567-86-3404 C-L-X Type SP-OS, Type ITC/PLTC, Armored, 4 Pairs - 90 Deg. C
Conductors:Bare soft annealed copper, Class B, 7-strand concentric per ASTM B-8.
Insulation: X-Olene (XLP), UL 13 and UL Standard 2250, 15 mils nominal thickness, 90°C temperature rating.
Conductor Identification: Pigmented black and white in pairs, black, red and white in triads. Pair or triad assembled with left-hand lay.
Group Shield: Bare soft annealed copper, Class B, 7-strand concentric per ASTM B-8. X-Olene®(XLP) per UL 13 and UL Standard 2250, 15 mils nominal thickness, 90°C temperature rating. Pigmented black and white in pairs, black, red and white in triads; white conductor numerically printed for group identification.
Communication Wire: 20 AWG, solid bare copper conductor, 15 mils nominal X-Olene insulation, 90°C temperature rating.
Assembly: Pairs or triads assembled with left hand lay. Fillers included where required to provide a round cable.
Cable Shield: Aluminum/Polyester tape over-lapped to provide 100% coverage, and a 7-strand tinned copper drain wire, same size as the conductor.
Inner Jacket: Black, flame-retardant, low temperature Okoseal®(PVC) per UL 13 and UL Standard 2250. A rip cord is laid longitudinally under the jacket to facilitate removal.
CLX Sheath: A close-fitting, impervious, continuously welded and corrugated aluminum sheath provides complete protection against moisture, liquids, and gases, has excellent mechanical strength and provides equipment grounding through the sheath.
Outer Jacket: Black, flame-retardant, low temperature Okoseal per UL 13 and UL Standard 2250.
UL Listed as Type ITC/PLTC — Instrumentation Tray Cable/Power Limited Tray Cable for use in accordance with Article 727 and Article 725 of the National Electrical Code.
These cables comply with UL 2250 and UL 13 for PLTC, CL2 and CL3.
Okonite Type C-L-X P-OS (Pair/Triad - Overall Shield) instrumentation cables are designed for use as instrumentation, process control, and computer cables in ITC non-classified or labeled circuits up to 150 volts and 5 amps (750VA) and in Class 2 or 3 Power-Limited circuits where shielding against external interference is required, but shielding against interference among groups is not required; indoors or outdoors; in wet or dry locations with conductor operating temperatures up to 90°C; in cable trays; in raceways; supported by a messenger wire; under raised floors; for direct burial. Suitable Class I, Division 2, Class II, Division 2, or Class III, Division 2 and Class I, Zone 2 hazardous locations. Also for use as Power-Limited protective signaling cable (FPL) per NEC Code 760.
The C-L-X sheath provides physical protection against mechanical damage. It may be installed in both exposed and concealed work, secured to supports not greater than 6 feet apart.
- Passes the UL 1581, IEEE 383-1974, & IEEE 1202-1991 vertical tray flame tests.
- Passes the 210,000 BTU/hr. vertical tray flame test per ICEA T-29-520
- Recommended for dc applications in wet environments.
- UL listed as sunlight resistant.
- UL listed for direct burial.
- Complete pre-packaged, factory-tested wiring system color coded.
- C-L-X enclosure permits installation in cable tray containing light and power cables without a barrier separator.
- Individual pairs or triads are numbered and color coded for simplified hook-up.
- Excellent noise rejection.
- Impervious, continuous sheath excludes moisture, gases and liquids.
- C-L-X sheath exceeds equipment grounding conductor requirements of NEC Article 250-118.
- Excellent compression and impact resistance.
- Lower installed system cost than conduit or EMT systems.
- OSHA acceptable.
- UL listed as Marine Shipboard cable.
- Listed by American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) as CWCMC-PLTC and CWCMC- ITC.
- Meets API Standards 14F and 14FZ.
- Suitable for low temperature installation to -40°C.