1.25mm LC Polishing Puck 49886-LCP
The 1.25mm LC Polishing Puck is a specialized tool used in the process of polishing the end faces of fiber optic connectors, specifically those with a 1.25mm ferrule diameter, such as the LC (Lucent Connector) type.
The primary function of the 1.25mm LC Polishing Puck is to assist in the polishing of the end face of LC connectors, which are small form-factor fiber optic connectors with a 1.25mm ferrule diameter.
• Data Centers: Data centers, which rely heavily on fiber optic technology for high-speed data transmission, use the LC Polishing Puck for the routine maintenance and setup of their fiber optic infrastructure.
• Telecommunications: In the telecommunications industry, where LC connectors are widely used, technicians utilize these pucks for preparing and maintaining the connectors used in various communication applications.
• Fiber Optic Network Installation: During the installation of fiber optic networks, particularly those using LC connectors, this puck is used to prepare the connectors for efficient light transmission by polishing their end faces.
• Connector End-Face Polishing: The primary application of the 1.25mm LC Polishing Puck is in polishing the end faces of LC fiber optic connectors. The puck helps to hold the connector firmly in place, ensuring even and precise polishing.
• Educational and Training Purposes: Training programs for fiber optic technicians often include modules on connector polishing, where the 1.25mm LC Polishing Puck is used to teach proper polishing techniques for LC connectors.
• Specific Diameter Design: It is tailored to fit the 1.25mm diameter of LC connector ferrules, which is critical for achieving the necessary precision during the polishing process.
• Ergonomic Design: The puck is often designed with ergonomics in mind, making it comfortable and easy to handle during the polishing process, which can be a repetitive and meticulous task.
• Compatibility with Polishing Films: The puck is designed to be used with a range of polishing films, allowing for different grades of polish, from coarse to ultra-fine, depending on the requirements of the fiber optic installation or repair.
• Uniform Pressure Distribution: The design of the puck ensures uniform pressure distribution during polishing, which is essential for achieving a smooth and even finish on the connector end-face.
• Precision Surface: The surface of the puck that contacts the connector is precisely machined to ensure it holds the connector ferrule flat and stable during polishing. This precision is vital for achieving the required end-face geometry and finish.
IEC Standards: The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) sets numerous standards for fiber optic components and practices. For example, IEC 61754 defines the interface dimensions for fiber optic connectors like LC connectors, indirectly affecting the design of tools like the polishing puck.
TIA Standards: The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) in the United States sets standards for telecommunications products, including fiber optic components. TIA-568, for example, outlines performance specifications that fiber optic connectors must meet, which can be achieved through proper polishing using tools like the LC Polishing Puck.
ISO Standards: The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) also provides standards for fiber optics. ISO/IEC 11801, which covers generic cabling for customer premises, may indirectly influence the polishing standards and practices for which the LC Polishing Puck is used.
Type : Polishing Puck
Color : Silver
Size: 1.25 MM
The construction of the 1.25mm LC Polishing Puck, used for polishing LC fiber optic connectors, involves several key components and materials designed for precision and durability.
Download PDF Spec Sheet
Call Us: 1-516-482-6313 Text Us: 1-516-703-3460