400 MCM XLP USE-2 RHH RHW-2 Copper Building Wire ( Reduced Price of 100ft, 250ft, 500ft, 1000ft, 2000ft )
400 MCM XLP USE-2 RHH RHW-2 Copper Building Wire
Allowable Ampacity for Direct Burial: 380 ( 90°C Wet or Dry Conductor Temperature)
Allowable Ampacity in Duct: 380 ( 90°C Wet or Dry Conductor Temperature)
Also Known As:
400 XLP USE-2 RHH RHW-2 Copper Building Wire, 400 Copper RHH Wire, 400 Copper RHH Cable, 400 Direct Burial Electrical Cable, 400 Direct Burial Power Cable, 400 Direct Burial Service Entrance Cable, 400 Underground Service Entrance Cable.
Type RHH/RHW-2/USE-2 is a versatile building wire suitable for a variety of applications. The cable is rated at 600V. It is used with conduit according to the specifications provided by NEC for lighting and power. Connecting photovoltaic modules is one of the typical applications of the cable. RHH/RHW-2 is also used in aerial applications and raceways. The electrical wire can be applied differently according to each specification.
As Type USE-2, the electrical wire is used as an underground service entrance cable for direct burial. In this case, the temperatures should not exceed 90° C. The wire is used as RHH in dry locations with temperatures not exceeding 90°C. As RHW-2 or USE-2, the cable is used in wet and dry areas with temperatures not exceeding 90°C.
RHH/RHW-2/USE-2 conductors are made of annealed soft copper. Compared to aluminum, this conductor performs better in smaller conduits.
The cable has an abrasion, heat, and moisture resistant cross-linked polyethylene insulation (XLPE). The insulation is durable in harsh conditions.
- ASTM B-3 Soft Annealed Copper
- ASTM B-8 Concentric Lay Stranded Conductors
- ASTM B787 Unilay-Stranded Copper Conductors
- UL Standard 44 Type RHH and RHW
- UL Standard 854 Type USE-Service Entrance
- Federal Specifications J-C-30B, ICEA S-66-524 , NEMA WC-7, A-A-59544
- FAA Spec. L824 Type C Sizes 12-4 AWG as Airport lighting Cable
- VW-1 available where flame retardancy required. 1/0 and larger rated for CT use.
- VW-1 available on special request
- RoHS Compliant
- Size AWG: 400
- Weight per 1000 ft: 1354 lbs
- Outside Diameter: 0.875 inches
- Number of Strands: 37
- Insulation: XLPE
- Insulation Thickness: .095
*Data provided on this page is subject to change based on different manufacturers' variances
** Images are for display purposes only refer to Product Technical Details for accurate information on the product.
In the case the material only comes in a predetermined color or doesn’t come with any color
Download PDF Spec Sheet
Call Us: 1-516-482-6313 Text Us: 1-516-703-3460