3/0-3/0-3/0 BARE CONCENTRIC GROUND SERVICE ENTRANCE CABLE (SER) - CU
3/0-3/0-3/0 Bare Concentric Ground Service Entrance Cable (SER) - CU
Allowable Ampacity at 60° C: 165
Allowable Ampacity at 75° C: 200
Allowable Ampacity at 90° C: 225
Allowable Ampacity (Dwelling): 225
SER is a service entrance cable with a reinforcement tape used in all instances where service entrance cables are allowed. The electrical cable is most often used to connect the service drop to the meter base and from the meter base to the distribution panelboard. SER is suitable for wet and dry locations, with temperatures not exceeding 90°C. The voltage rating of the electrical cable is 600 volts.
Also Known As:
Copper SER Service Entrance Cable, Reinforcement Tape Service Entrance Cable, SER Cable, SER Service Cable, Copper Service Cable, Round Service Entrance Cable.
- ASTM- All applicable standards
- UL Standard 44 for XHHW-2 conductors
- UL Standard 83 for THHN/THWN conductors
- UL Standard 854
- Federal Specification A-A-59544
- National Electrical Code, NFPA 70. 2011 Edition
- RoHS/ REACH
The cable is equipped with annealed soft copper conductors. It typically has three-phase conductors with a bare neutral.
The cable has cross-linked polyethylene type XHHW-2 insulation.
SE cable is jacketed with gray sunlight-resistant polyvinyl chloride (PVC). This dielectrically strong insulation is resistant to corrosion, abrasion, chemicals, and mechanical impact.
- Size AWG: 3/0-3/0-3/0
- Weight per 1,000 ft: 1792 lbs
- Outside Diameter: 1317 mils
- Conductors: Annealed Soft Copper
- Stranding: Phase & Neutral Conductors: 19
- Insulation: XLPE
- Jacket: PVC